Saturday, January 9, 2010

A few more new recipies

The next recipe I tried this week is one I've already posted about on here; Asian beef and noodles. This was the fist time I've made it. It wasn't an instant family favorite like some of the others we've tried, but we did enjoy it. It's defiantly a quick and easy recipe.

The next one I found on afewshortcuts.com; Crockpot pineapple chicken.

Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
www.afewshortcuts.com
• 3-4 Chicken Breasts (about 2 lbs)
• 1 can of pineapple in juice (tidbits, chucks, rings, it doesn't matter)
• 1 medium onion
• 2 TBSP soy sauce
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
Directions
1. Chop onion and place in crock pot.
2. Place Chicken Breast on top of onion.
3. Dump the can of pineapple (juice and all) over the chicken.
4. Dump the soy sauce and the chicken broth on top of everything.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH in the crockpot for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8
hours.
6. Serve over rice and with a steamed veggie.
HINT
Make your own rice bowls.
Cut up chicken after it is cooked. Mix with steamed stir fry veggies. Place both
over rice and top with sauce from crock pot! DELICIOUS!

One again, not an instant family favorite, but enjoyed. An additional tip I would add is to not use thick chicken breasts. The chicken seemed very dry to me and I think with smaller chicken breasts the juice would have made it more moist and tender.

No comments: