Friday, March 13, 2009

Couponing rocks!

I've gotten pretty serious about my couponing. I now get 5 Sunday papers, but I'm still working on an organization method I really like. I have successfully cut our grocery bill in half and am working on building up my food storage. Today I went to Albertson's big sale. Right now they have a promotion where when you buy 10 participating items, you get a $10 coupon, called a Catalina, good toward your next purchase. When you combine this with their sales and coupons it makes for a great deal. (For more details click here) Anyways, I just had to share my excitement in my shopping trip today. Thanks Nicole for getting me started!




4 gallons of milk
24 boxes of cereal
6 Pillsbury ready to bake cookies
5 cans of chili
5 cans of olives
5 cans of tomato soup
5 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 bag of carrots
2 sour cream
5 cake mixes
10 brownie mixes
5 frostings
5 cookie mixes
2 boxes of tissues
1 juice
6 boxes of butter
10 grands biscuits
5 crescent rolls
5 cinnamon rolls
4 loaves of bread (not pictured)
I'm going back and hopefully getting
10 warm delights
7 toasterstrudels
16 fruit snacks
4 cheese slices
they were out.
Retail, that is $356.08, but I only spent 137.84! A savings of $218.24 That's .83 an item! Gotta love it!

No comments: