Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walgreens

I wasn't going to go shopping anymore this month (unless I REALLY needed something) because I'm at my budget limit, but . . . I've been waiting for Listerene to go on sale and this week it did. Walgreens had it on sale 3/$9. I had .50/1 coupons making them $2.50 each. THEN . . . a $6 Rregister Reward coupon (like a catalina) printed out. Earlier that day I had gone to another Walgreens, but they were out of the Listerene so I took advantage of their other RR promotion going on. DOVE Buy 4, get $2 RR, Buy 6, get $6 RR, Buy 8, get $8 RR when you buy participating Dove products (also on 25% sale). Somehow I got a $10 RR instead of just the $8 for buying 8 Dove products.

So trip #1 I got

2 body washes
2 deodorants
1 Hair Spray
1 Mouse
1 Shampoo
1 Conditioner

Retail $38.39
Paid $18.73
Saved $19.66

BUT Walgreens also has a promotion going where if you transfer a RX (that you have never filled there before) to their pharmacy from another pharmacy, they will give you a $25 gift card (Limit 2 per person). Since Brooklyn and I are currently on monthly RX's I had $50 in gift cards to use. I didn't spend a dime.

Then I took my $10 RR to the next Walgreens that had the Listerene and got

Trip #2

3 Listerene's 500ml
1 Halls cough drop
1 new board book for my kids (to make my total more that $10)

Retail $17.91
Spent $2.94
Saved $14.97

and I still have my $6 RR left over for next time.


No comments: